BRIGHTON MARINA NEIGHBOURHOOD FORUM
What is a Neighbourhood Forum?
Neighbourhood planning legislation, introduced by the Government under the Localism Act, gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood, to shape its development and growth, and to establish general planning policies for the development and use of land in the neighbourhood area. These are described legally as ‘neighbourhood development plans’. For more information please visit the ‘Step-by-Step Guide’.
Brighton Marina Neighbourhood Area
Brighton & Hove City Council formally designated the Brighton Marina Neighbourhood Forum and the Brighton Marina Business / Neighbourhood Area (shown in the plan below) on the 18th June 2015.
Should I get involved?
If you want to have your views heard, then yes! Neighbourhood planning requires a vast array of skills. Everyone working together will allow our community to have our say on how our area develops over time.
How can I get involved?
You can become a member of the forum. Membership of the Brighton Marina Neighbourhood Forum is open to: all residents living within the neighbourhood area; all individuals who work within the neighbourhood area; and elected members whose areas fall within the neighbourhood area. You can download a Member Application form here or request one from the Estates Office.
If you wish to get involved further you can also apply to be a member of the Forum Steering Committee, when vacancies arise.
1. Forum Vision Statement. Following consultation at the Annual General Meeting held on 16th May 2018, a Vision Statement for the forum was adopted at the Steering Group meeting held on 24th September 2018.
2. Brighton & Hove City Council Community Infrastructure Levy Consultation. The forum has responded to the City Council consultation. Here is the letter
3. Forum Constitution. At the AGM on 16th May amendments to the constitution were put to a vote and unanimously accepted. You can read it here.
4. Brighton & Hove City Plan Part 2 Consultation. The Forum Steering Group has responded to the City Plan Part 2 consultation. A meeting of the Steering Group was held to formulate the response. The meeting was not formally minuted and the content of the meeting is captured in the consultation response. You can read the response here.
5. Outer Harbour Development Proposals. There are currently new development proposals for the outer harbour area of the Marina. The Forum Steering Group has met with the developers, viewed the proposals and responded to the developers. You can read the response here.
Forum Steering Committee:
At the inaugural AGM on 27th June the forum steering committee members were elected and are as follows:
- Andrew Collumbell (worker) - Resigned. Replaced by Mike Hatch (worker), co-opted to the steering group at the forum meeting on 15h November 2018
- Andrew Knight (worker)
- Keith Malcolm (resident)
- Ken Sainty (resident)
- Kirsty Pollard (worker)
- Mary Pett (resident)
You can download the minutes of the AGM from 27th June 2017 here,
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 14th September 2017 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 12th October 2017 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 23rd November 2017 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 8th January 2018 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 13th April 2018 here
the Minutes of the Forum AGM held on 16th May 2018 here
Presentation by Brighton & Hove City Council at Forum AGM, 16th May 2018 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 2nd July 2018 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group for 24th September 2018 here
the Minutes of the Steering Group held 15th November 2018 here
the Minutes of the Full forum Meeting held on 15th November 2018 here
the Minutes of a Forum Steering Group meeting with outer harbour developers held on 6th December 2018 here
Future Meeting Dates:
Future Meetings of the Forum Steering Group are planned for 14th January 2019 and 11th March 2019. If you wish to attend as an observer please email email@example.com for details of time and location.
If you have any questions regarding the forum and for details of meetings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org For general information about Brighton Marina, please go to www.brightonmarina.co.uk
All membership information supplied will be held by Brighton Marina Neighbourhood Forum, and will remain secure and confidential. Members details will only be used for the purposes of notifying members about forum meetings and activities and other legitimate use in the promotion and general running of the Forum and of the development of the neighbourhood plan. Details will not be passed on to any third parties or used for marketing purposes in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.